Monday, August 28, 2006

Rob and Cindy's Wedding

Well, we have just returned from a trip down to Vancouver to be a part of Rob and Cindy's wedding. I will start off by saying that we had a terrific time but it is good to be back in the Kootenays. I can finally get some rest. The trip was jam-packed full of activities and events all of which were awesome.

Our trip started off with us heading out to the neighbouring town of Castlegar to join in some kiddy party, mainly to tire out our son so he would sleep for the drive. We were accompanied by the Greenaways and met up with the Holmes. The kids had a great time bouncing in the inflatable rooms, painting rocks, etc., but I was eager to get a move on. Soon Natasha, Nate, and I were on the road. My intent was to drive to Bromley Rock (outside of Princeton) and camp for the night, however when we arrived Nate was still sleeping. We carried on. My new plan consisted of us finding camping near the west end of Manning Park, not an option. We carried on. After stopping at a few more road side campgrounds we finally secured a site at the Hope camping area. My sleep was rudely interrupted on a couple of occasions due to the noisy neigbours, who I am assuming were from Surrey.

The next day we packed up and headed for Lions Bay to hook up with my parents. On the way through Vancouver we stopped at Park Royal and took Nathan to the Gator Pit (an adventure play ground for kids and parents alike).

The week before the wedding was our time to explore the city and relax in Lions Bay. Early in the week the Kootenay Crostons headed downtown and sampled the Vancouver Aquarium. It had been quite a few years since I had been and I had forgotten how cool it was, especially seeing it through the eyes of my two year old. At one point Nate got so excited to see the beluga whales that he began to screech uncontrollably. I had to fend off some dirty glances from some of the more snooty attendees. The first photo is the classic 'child in front of the underwater viewing window', I couldn't resist. That evening we met up with my parents at Dundarave Beach and had dinner. Later that night my dad and I went to the airport to pick-up James and Cindy (Cindy Sue). My brother was unaware that I was there to pick him up, as noted in the look of confusion/surprise on his face. In the foreground of that photo is Cindy Sue and my dad exchanging a hug.

On Tuesday night Tash, Nate, James, Cindy Sue and I went to visit Colin and Jo at there camp site at Porteau Cove in the Howe Sound. The site was in the walk-in camping area and was situated right beside the ocean.



Wednesday was the batchlor party; paintball, dinner, enough said.

Thursday my parents had a dinner and down at the Lions Bay Beach after the wedding rehearsal. The picture to the above right was taken from the beach looking toward the gazebo. It was the perfect setting for the first offical meet and greet between the two families.

Friday a few of us went out to the reception room and set up chairs, tables, and made sure that everything was to be as planned. Once we had finished setting up the four brothers, Jo, and Cindy Sue went cliff jumping at Lions Bay Cliffs. Note Rob's graceful position in the air.

The wedding was the next day. All the men from the wedding party all met at my parents house and got changed into our tuxceduos. Family photos ensued. From there we piled into a van that Rob had rented and went down to Dundarave to meet the ladies. After some slight confusion, the ladies arrived and the photo tour began. We spent the next few hour travelling around the ambelside area in a streched SUV taking multiple stops for photos. Finally we were at the Church. The ceremony was perfect, there was no fainting, no uncontrollable crying, and they both said 'I do'. After the wedding we hopped back into the SUV and headed for the reception at Furry Creek Golf Club. Dinner was superb and the speechs went off without a hitch. Once I had finished my speech my party began. Even Nate was given'er on the dance floor.

Sunday was spent relaxing/shopping followed by the gift opening at Leslie and Linton's house. Once again another great dinner and a good time was had by all.

Monday Tash, Nate, and I headed back for the mountains.

More photo's of the wedding and other activities can be viewed here.

No comments: